PDS is currently hiring for part-time Telephone Research Interviewers to work evenings and weekends at our call center in Stafford, Virginia. Telephone Research Interviewers conduct scripted surveys with the public to gather information about their opinions on various topics.
- Clear, enthusiastic speaking voice
- Good communication skills and phone etiquette
- Excellent reading skills
- Ability to follow strict interviewing guidelines
- Ability to sit for several hours at a time
- Interview survey participants by telephone
- Communicate to participants the importance of the survey
- Follow a scripted questionnaire verbatim
- Enter responses accurately into a computer system while speaking with respondents
- Attempt to convert respondents who have previously opted not to participate in a survey
- Maintain strict quality standards while conducting survey
- Workload fluctuates, causing there to be varying hours per week - must be flexible.
- The work can be repetitive
- Research protocols are very rigid – individual must be able to adhere to very strict rules
- Starting rate of $10 per hour. Subsequent increases based on performance. (Spanish bilinguals receive a differential).
- Paid vacation after 90 days of employment
- Flexible scheduling
- Casual dress and friendly work environment